Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Brazilian Contribution

The Idea:
We once again had a theme night with Brazil as the country. I came across this recipe which claimed to be Brazilian. not finding a torte recipe, I went with this Gingerbread Roulade with Lemon sauce.


The Recipe:
Gingerbread Roulade with Dulce de Leche Cream Filling
http://www.recipe.com/gingerbread-roulade-with-dulce-de-leche-cream-filling/


Alterations:
I had no candied ginger available and instead of creme fraiche, I used high quality plain yogurt

Lessons Learned:




  • Dulce de Leche may be a possible sweet topping/filling for a cake, but it is too runny for frosting.


  • not much else here to work with for future tortes.


  • If I were to make a roulade again, the batter must be spread very thinly on the cookie sheet. I hesitated to make it so thin, but as you can see, it turned out to be more of a tube than a roulade.

No comments:

Post a Comment